Good system for what we need it for,
I researched the Lorex Live systems quite a bit before buying one. I am pleased with the purchase. We have local youth who routinely try to break into our vehicles and / or make off with various yard decorations. This system seems to be the proper means to see who is doing it. I will say I bought mine at BJ's Wholesale for the same price as here; I wanted to really see if it would work and have an immediate option for return.
- Sets up fast; right out of the box.
- Night vision is SUPERB! I have both cameras trained on our parking area and back yard, and I can see almost to the far side of the property at night. Best is I can see my dog on the monitor when he's out on is last out of then night. Our yard is a good 80 feet deep and I can see almost to the back side of it at night.
- Auto Record is GREAT! 5 - 15 - 30 second clips of any activity recorded on the memory card. Caught a lot of our yard work yesterday.
- 2-way audio is great!
- Range. I had to move the monitor into the room just inside from where I mounted the cameras. The signal almost has to be line of sight. Thinking about the booster antenna, but not just yet.
- The Skype function is bogus and negates the reason to have the system. Either you can look at ONE camera while on Skype to see what's going on outside, or you can have a multi-camera, auto-record security monitoring system, but you can't have both. There is no feature for the software to automatically call you with a video if there is something going on. THAT would have been the golden ticket for this system.