This new act would require providers of security alarm systems to annually file a registration statement with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) before operating in the state.
Requirements for filing a registration statement with LARA can be found in sections 3 and 4 of the Act. The procedures for LARA to process a registration statement are as follows:
- A registration statement is submitted to LARA.
- LARA will review the registration statement to determine if it meets the requirements of the Act.
- LARA will mail a letter that will include the required fee and whether or not the registration statement meets the requirements. (The fee is based on the time required by LARA for review.)
- The fee, made payable to the State Of Michigan, is submitted along with a copy of LARA's letter.
- LARA files the registration statement and updates the website listing.
Please note: It is the responsibility of the submitter to determine if a registration or license is required. The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing Bureau and its employees cannot provide legal advice. You may wish to consult an attorney to discuss legal matters pertinent to your individual situation.