Online Bill Pay lets you pay your bills online through Security Credit Union's Security@home online banking. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit, even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay. Best of all - it's FREE!
We know you'll enjoy the many benefits of Online Bill Pay including:
Online Security - The highest level of technology has been put in place to provide you with peace of mind and to ensure your account is safe and secure.
Saving Time - No more checks to write, all of your biller information is stored in one location, and many of the payments can be made electronically the same day or the next day.
Simple and Quick Setup - You can set up a biller in less than 3 minutes and start paying your bills online immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay lets you pay your bills online through Security Credit Union. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit, even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay.
Quick Facts about Online Bill Pay
- You can pay all of your bills at the Payment Center. You can also see a summary of your pending payments and the payments you've made in the past 45 days.
- You can receive some of your bills online in Online Bill Pay. You can view and pay these bills at the Payment Center.
- You can set up automatic payments to pay your electronic bills or to automatically schedule payments of a set amount at regular intervals.
- You can review your bills and payments for the past six months. You can also export your payment information to Quicken®.
How does Online Bill Pay work?
To pay your bills online, simply add the companies and people you want to pay. We use this information to make the payments for your bills.
After you add your bills, you can go to the Payment Center. The Pay Bills section lists all of the bills you've added in Online Bill Pay. To pay a bill, enter a payment amount and the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment. You can also select this date from the calendar.
Tip: When you enter an amount, Online Bill Pay automatically displays the earliest date you can select for the company or person to receive the payment in the Pay Date box. You can either accept this date or change it to a later one.
You can pay as many bills as you want at the same time from the Payment Center.
After you pay a bill, it may move to either the Pending Payments section or the Recent Payments section of the Payment Center.
- The Pending Payments section provides a quick summary of the payments that have not been processed yet.
- The Recent Payments section provides a list of the bills that have been paid in the past 45 days.